Title: ISADORA (Masters Among Monsters, #2)
Author: Ella Frank
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Series
Publication Date: January 12, 2016
A TRAGIC BEGINNING…
Isadora Nikitas understands what it means to be betrayed. That lesson was taught to her in the prime of her life, and when she is offered a chance to exact revenge, she finds it difficult to refuse.
Instead, she entrusts her survival to a mysterious vampire known only as Diomêdês, a male who wants nothing in return but to watch over her—in every way imaginable.
Gifted with speed, strength, and immortality, she determines that her life will no longer be governed by the needs and wants of a mere man. She has cowered for the last time, and with her Ancient by her side, she thrives and blossoms into the most formidable female vampire in existence.
But, once upon a time, like all little girls, Isadora believed in love. She believed it because she once had it. So, when it comes along a second time, she knows that it’s possible—but when you love someone, they become your weakness. Unless, in fact, they become your enemy instead…
A MYSTERIOUS PAST…
Fulfilling your life’s prophecy should be empowering. At least, that’s what Elias Fontana always believed. But, as he stands guard over the beautiful vampire he’s taken hostage, his convictions start to crumble. Made to believe by his creators that he and two others have been designed to destroy a dangerous race, he has difficulty connecting his current reality to the woman he once loved.
A TANGLED TALE TO UNRAVEL…
When friends become enemies and enemies become lovers, who can you trust in the webs of lies and despair? And, when your life is at stake and blood has been shed, how much are you willing to sacrifice to fulfill your destiny?
An Interview with Ella Frank
- If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Pride and Prejudice—because Elizabeth Bennett was the first fierce female I read and I loved her stubbornness, her independence, and the fact that Mr. Darcy, who was an arrogant pain in the ass, ended up loving her for who she was anyway. The strong woman won, and I love that!
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
Perhaps, be a little more confident in who you are. I hate that as teenagers, especially girls, we are always trying to be cool or conform to a certain stereotype. I wish I had been more independent back then, and was the kind of person to step out and be a true individual.
- Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
– Not specifically. Honestly, the romance genre as a whole influenced me, especially the authors who would write in dual POV. Loved getting both sides of the story. So I think that really helped shape the kind of author I am.
- Is there a certain type of scene that’s harder for you to write than others? Sex? Action? Death?
– Sometimes they’re all hard! I find it depends on my mood. If I am trying to write a darker piece and I’m happy, it’s difficult to dig deep and find the right headspace. If I’m writing a death scene I put on some ugly cry and write through tears and drool and it aint pretty. Sex scenes are fun for me! I never have a problem sitting down and thinking those up.
- How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning?
Most of the time, how it sounds. I don’t actually spend hours thinking about a name (unless they’re ancient Greek ones). I tend to go with ones that flow nicely in my head. Apparently I am obsessed with the letter M in a last name though and have consciously been steering clear of that lately ha!
- What was the hardest part of writing your book?
– The plot of this one is very detailed and there are a lot of characters to weave into it. They all have a part to play and have very different relationships. So it hasn’t always been easy keeping them in line!
- What did you want to be when you grow up?
– If not a writer, which I was doing at fifteen, then an English/History teacher. I always loved stories, fiction and non.
- Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
– That an outline really CAN help! Ha! My co-author has been telling me this forever but I was stubborn—until this book. Low and behold it totally helped.
- What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?
– I have been sitting down to write since I was a teenager. What made me sit down and finish was a friend of mine. She was reading Exquisite as I wrote it and kept asking for more.
- Which actor/actress would you like to see playing Isadora?
– I have no idea! She would have to be fierce and strong, and absolutely stunning. A female vampire among a horde of males. It would be very cool to see though.
- Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
– I touched on this a little above, ha. Usually I like to see where it takes me but lately I have been outlining and plotting. I’m curious to see if that will carry over to my contemporary work. I will try and make it so. I think it makes my life and those around me a little easier.
- For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
– I love the convenience of an ebook. Having a virtual library at my fingertips is AMAZING. However, I love owning and collecting hardbacks and paperbacks from those authors I truly love. If they’re signed it means even more.
- What book/s are you reading at present?
– I am currently chapter reading Hooker by Brooke Blaine. That is due out February 17th, and it’s so good!
- How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
– As a writer I believe I have evolved due to having an amazing critique partner. She has made me look at my work through different eyes. I have learned to tighten my sentences, be more descriptive, and add layers upon layers to my characters, and all because she is honest to the core and never holds back. It is important to trust whom you work with and be open to learning, that way all you can do is improve and better your work.
Alasdair (Masters Among Monsters, #1)
A DANGEROUS ALLURE
Bestowed with eternal life by the Ancient Vasilios, Alasdair Kyriakous is one of the most feared and ruthless vampires in existence. His name carries weight across all of the seven continents.
But he is a mystery to his kind, an anomaly among the self-indulgent. While he enjoys the pleasures of the flesh, he is exceptionally particular in his choice of partners and prides himself on his ironclad self-control.
Yet with one look his control will become a thing of the past, and Alasdair will discover that eternal life doesn’t always last forever…
A DEADLY ATTRACTION
Thrust into a world he could never have imagined, Leo Chapel awakens in his worst nightmare. Taken hostage by the dangerously mesmerizing vampire, Alasdair, Leo must rely on his intelligence to escape before he reveals a secret he isn’t even aware he’s hiding.
A FORBIDDEN DESIRE
Unaware that they’ve been brought together by an outside force and are little more than pawns to a higher power, Alasdair and Leo spend time trying to uncover the other’s secrets, the attraction between them growing stronger all the while.
But enemies are watching and preparing to act against them. When decisions that will alter lives and destinies have to be made—can a dead, grey heart learn to beat again?
About the Author
Ella Frank is the author of the #1 Bestselling Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, A Desperate Man. Her Exquisite series has been praised as “scorching hot!” and “enticingly sexy!”
A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary, M/M romance and erotic fiction and lives with her husband in Portland, OR. You can reach her on the web at www.ellafrank.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ella.frank.author
Sign up here to receive the latest information on Ella’s upcoming book releases, ARC opportunities, sales & events!